Lead Business Information Security Analyst and Coordinator
Company: Magellan Health
Location: Rancho Cordova
Posted on: February 20, 2021
Serves as liaison between departmental team business owners, end
users, IT, compliance, legal and audit departments. Responds to ad
hoc requests for support, reports and analysis. Supports
departmental management team by providing trending and performance
data. Supports special projects. Maintains and monitors reporting
queues and requests (if appropriate), and internal share point
sites. May participate in full life cycle development by performing
requirements analysis, process development and design, and testing
using development methodology. Collaborates with functional teams,
as well as with IT business analysts and programmers to develop
detailed design specifications according to standards. This role
shall have experience in computing or related area, with a focus on
information security, Governance Risk and Controls, technology,
management and policy, procedure, and/or safeguards; background in
security administration and computer security tools.Our contract
with this client requires this position to work in the Sacramento /
Rancho Cordova area.
- Work across the organization to gather and organize data for
- Gather, organize and present outcomes of the vulnerability
scans and penetration tests
- Assess, identify and lead resolution to potential security and
- Provide hands-on support of security
- Monitor ongoing process fluidity and works to continuously
- Lead the remediation of corrective action plans and associated
- Be familiar with the NIST 800 series
- Be proactive, detail oriented, and passionate about information
security and client satisfaction
- Capable of performing Security Impact Assessments
- Storytelling through Metrics Visualization
- Develops and documents workflow, systems requirements, system
impact analysis, systems design, process analysis and testing
(including reasonableness checks) using software development
methodology to provide efficient, cost-effective solutions as
- Identifies impact of solutions on existing and future
- May perform operational activities.
- Creates and maintains standard related reports to support
operational and development needs.
- Manages reporting and requests for ad hoc reports to support
sales, implementation, new product development, specials.
- Queries data warehouse and internal databases and prepares user
friendly reports according to requestors' requirements.
- Develops and maintains project plans.
- Manages small to medium sized projects, system enhancements
impacting data management.
- Conducts root cause analyses, gathering data to pinpoint
problem areas on which to focus, validating that the analysis is
data driven, recommending and implementing
- Lead design, planning, and implementation of requirements to
satisfy business needs.
- Authority on best practices of requirements gathering, business
system configuration and defining/execution of acceptance
- Work with the technical teams and the business/product owner to
ensure efficiency, smooth and successful implementation.
- Coach and mentor junior staff in requirements documentation,
systems configuration, defining/execution of acceptance criteria
and establishing, tracking, measuring and refining metrics.
- Identify, drive, and optimize technical and business process
flows for existing and new opportunities.
- Partner with teams to define systems improvement focusing on
scale, efficiency, and automation.
- Work with internal business groups to acquire a deep
understanding of their processes and operations.
- Strong organizational skills, tracking multiple test executions
simultaneously and be able to synthesize the results.
- Meticulous attention to detail; the ability to juggle many
tasks in parallel while delivering high quality results.
- Other duties as assigned.Other Job Requirements
- 7+ years of directly related experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of systems analysis experience in
appropriate technical environment.
- Related professional experience in the managed care,
healthcare, or insurance industries.
- Analytical/problem solving skills, excellent verbal and written
communication skills, strong PC background, efficient in using
- Knowledge of system process analysis and/or program management,
estimating IT system development and testing. General Job
Information TitleLead Business Information Security Analyst and
CoordinatorGrade26Work Experience ITEducation A Combination of
Education and Work Experience May Be Considered. (Required),
Bachelors: Computer and Information Science (Required)License and
Certifications - Required License and Certifications - Preferred
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every
employee must understand, comply and attest to the security
responsibilities and security controls unique to their position. -
provided by Dice
Keywords: Magellan Health, Rancho Cordova , Lead Business Information Security Analyst and Coordinator, Professions , Rancho Cordova, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!