Senior Data Analyst
Company: Delta Dental of California
Location: Rancho Cordova
Posted on: October 11, 2020
Please note, Delta Dental will not sponsor applicants for work
visas for this position.
AT DELTA DENTAL WE:
PROMOTE ACCOUNTABILITY, INTEGRITY AND COLLABORATION: Our employees
are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation
to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
FOSTER PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Our employees take ownership of
developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and
providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying
VALUE CUSTOMERS AND CULTIVATE POSITIVE EXPERIENCES: Our employees
take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and
exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let s chat. We would love to
tell you more!
Follow us @lifeatDDins on Instagram, lifeatDDins on Facebook,
@lifeatDDins on Twitter
ABOUT DELTA DENTAL
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits
provider. Our vision is to motivate and empower every employee so
we re all inspired to take exceptional care of our customers,
providers and each other. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on
pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms
of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take
pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values
of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of
companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the
U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc.,
Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company,
together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation s
largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million
enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of
members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39
Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics,
or any other classification protected by federal or state law. In
addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be provided
if selected for hire.
At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who
execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for
today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of
high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping
commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our
leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and
motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our
employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and
challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems.
Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering
development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other s
strengths and sharing in successes.
The Senior Data Analyst is responsible for supporting the gathering
of data, reporting and analysis to support the goals of the
How you will make an impact:
* Responsible for the development of complex, ad hoc reporting and
analysis outside the normal standard actuarial reporting.
* Perform peer review of work products for other team members to
ensure accuracy and efficiency.
* Assist in building efficient models and/or tools used by the
department for reporting and analysis including: standard client
reporting, network analysis, rating, reserving, forecasting,
prospect and renewal rate development.
* Work with peers in Data and Reporting and IT departments to
optimize report production, business intelligence tools, and data
* Assist the department in its transition from a production
department to a strategic partner that helps drive the organization
towards analytically based decision-making.
* Use sophisticated software and programming techniques to
retrieve, extract, analyze and prep mainframe and distributed
system information for reporting and analysis.
* Analyze claim, group, fee, and enrollment data.
* Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned.
What we look for:
* A Bachelor s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics,
Statistics, Economics, Information Management or a related field or
* A minimum of 5 years in progressively responsible actuarial or
* Experience in managed health care or insurance preferred.
* Ability to interpret internal and external requests, determine
where the information is located, then retrieve process and
summarize the data.
* High level of experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
* Ability to lead and improve processes and work systems to meet
increasingly competitive demands of customers and the
* Ability to set stage for immediate and long-term changes in
workflow, technology and staff development.
* Ability to identify and operationalize actuarial principles and
* Ability to understand and interpret regulatory requirements.
* Strong organization, time and project management skills, and
* Detail-oriented; flexible and creative.
* Excellent communication, influence, presentation, team and
* Effective organizational skills to work in a virtual work
Benefits and perks:
* 12 days starting vacation plus 12 holidays and your birthday
* Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost
* 100% paid dental insurance.
* 100% paid vision insurance.
* Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive.
* Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve
* Career growth: we love promoting from within!
* Strong commitment to work/life balance.
* Technology allowance.
* Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities.
Keywords: Delta Dental of California, Rancho Cordova , Senior Data Analyst, Professions , Rancho Cordova, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!