MC Caregiver AM/PM Shift
Company: Summerset Senior Living
Location: Rancho Cordova
Posted on: November 26, 2022
We are looking to hire Full Time/Part Time Caregivers in our
Memory Care community.
*Job Summary: *
This position provides direct care assistance to the resident in a
manner that meets or exceeds Community expectations, including
being familiar with and prepared to fulfill responsibilities as
outlined in the following position descriptions:
- Personal Care Assistant to Residents
- Dishwasher/Kitchen Helper
- Bus Person
*Job Duties: *
- Support the mission, vision, and culture of the organization
through positive communication and leadership.
- Contribute to Community relationships by demonstrating
cooperation and professional conduct with residents, families,
fellow associates, physicians, pharmacies and other vendors or
- Contribute to team effort by being flexible in work assignments;
by furnishing support; by taking initiative; and by understanding
how this position affects and compliments all other Community
- Able to maintain work pace appropriate to given work load.
Perform activities on schedule while maintaining regular attendance
and punctuality within specified tolerance.
- Provide assistance or reminders with activities of daily living,
including grooming, oral hygiene, bath/shower, hair cleaning and
brushing, and transferring to and from activities and meals, as
- Provide assistance with resident's personal environment (e.g.
clothing, linen, and personal belongings).
- Lift and/or transfer residents as needed.
- Assist in meal preparation/presentation, serving to resident, and
other dining-related responsibilities; record and report changes in
resident's eating habits to the supervisor.
- Make resident rounds every two hours as required in residents'
service plans or as circumstances dictate.
- Record and report changes in resident's condition to the
supervisor including but not limited to changes in resident's
ability to perform activities of daily living, skin changes,
- Use approved charting criteria and procedures to record pertinent
information in resident charts.
- Immediately report all incidents or accident involving residents
to the Resident Care Director/Supervisor and record all necessary
information on the Resident Incident and Accident Reporting
- Maintain a clean, safe and orderly environment by performing
general scheduled housekeeping for resident involving cleaning
laundry, bedrooms, dining area, living space, bathrooms, kitchen,
- Initiate and participate in leisure activities provided for
residents; encourage resident to socialize and participate in
planned activities and programs to develop friendships with other
- Follow proper procedures in emergency situations and respond
promptly and positively to resident requests for assistance,
including emergency pull cords, telephone calls, and requests from
family and friends.
- Correct and prevent environmental hazards in an appropriate and
safe manner while observing universal precautions and infection
- Immediately report any suspected abuse, neglect or
misappropriation of resident funds or property to immediate
- Perform work assignments and attend required in-service
- Respond appropriately to changes in the work setting.
- Be familiar with Summerset Senior Living Policies & Procedures
Manual and Summerset Senior Living associate Handbook.
- Perform other related assignments as required.
- Attend required in-service training.
- Be willing and able to work in any resident care position.
- Act on constructive feedback by listening to supervisor(s),
customers and peers and use it to improve performance.
- Maintain resident, employee, and community confidentiality.
- Respect Resident's Rights.
- Demonstrate positive attitude and ability to work well with all
people, particularly the elderly.
- Promote positive work environment that emphasizes teamwork.
- Demonstrate willingness to help other staff whenever needed.
- Observe standard precaution procedures and all safe workplace
- Report any suspected or observed abuse, neglect or
misappropriation of property or funds of a resident to the
appropriate licensing agencies.
- Perform duties under the direction of a licensed nurse, within
the scope of certified practice, and within verified skills
- Pursuant to state regulations, must remain awake.
*Job Specifications: *
- This position prefers a high school diploma or equivalent
certificate and a competent history in a similar facility.
- Must possess valid First Aid Certifications and, according to
state regulations, may need to possess current CPR, Certified
Nursing Assistant Certification, state certifications, and pass an
examination and/or skills evaluation. Also, must meet requirements
for continuing education and maintain all license(s).
- Speak, read and understand English fluently.
- Maintain mental alertness, attention, and concentration for
- Apply common sense understanding and carry out instructions
(written, oral or diagrammatic).
- Adapt to situations requiring the precise attainment of set
limits, tolerances, or standards.
- Regularly required to sit and talk or listen.
- Able to stand, stoop and bend frequently, lift up to 75 pounds
and push up to 50 pounds. Also must have the ability to talk, hear,
sit, use hands and fingers, handle/feel objects, tools or controls,
and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision requirements for this job include close vision,
depth perception, and the ability to adjust the focus of the
- Possess adequate physical stamina to move freely about the
Community and assist resident where needed, including in emergency
The physical demands described must be met by every associate.
Reasonable accommodations may be considered to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Must be willing and able to work required and scheduled shifts,
including evenings, weekends, overtime and holidays.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $16.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Night shift
* On call
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Rancho Cordova, CA 95670: Reliably commute or planning to
relocate before starting work (Preferred)
* High school or equivalent (Preferred)
* Caregiving: 1 year (Preferred)
* CPR Certification (Preferred)
* Day Shift (Preferred)
* Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Summerset Senior Living, Rancho Cordova , MC Caregiver AM/PM Shift, Other , Rancho Cordova, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!