Location: Rancho Cordova
Posted on: August 7, 2022
POSITION: EMT-1REPORTS TO: Station ManagerFLSA STATUS:
Non-ExemptJob Summary:The position of an EMT is a job opportunity
for a person who has excellent customer service skills and is a
caring and compassionate clinician who can provide emergency
medical care quickly and confidently in stressful and non-stressful
situations.Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides patient care under stressful and non-stressful
- Communicates proficiently and effectively with hospital staff
- Emergency scene management under stressful and non-stressful
- Responsible for cleaning and operating ambulance equipment
- Responsible for providing basic life support duties
independently, as well as follow the direction of a higher
- Presents themselves in a professional, courteous and punctual
- Responsible for other related duties deemed necessary to meet
the needs of the CompanyMinimum Qualifications:
- Must portray a positive Company image and attitude to
- Must be current in local, state and federally mandated
- Must maintain current industry standards through continuing
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to communicate and understand English verbally and
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Successfully pass a background investigation
- Must be able to provide a current negative PPD test results
- Must have completed all mandatory training including mandatory
- Must demonstrate a compassionate attitude towards all customers
and family members
- Must maintain current licensure in the following:
- CPR through the American Heart Association
- Current and Valid State Drivers License
- Ambulance Drivers License
- DL 51 (Medical Examiners Certificate)
- ICS 100.b, 200.b, 700.a, and 800.c
- And any other state or county certification
requirementEducation Requirements:The individual in this position
must possess the following education requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)Physical
- Must be able to perform the following tasks:
- Walk - frequently, up to 10 hours per day.
- Run - infrequently, 1-2 minutes per day.
- Stand - frequently, up to 10 hours per day.
- Sit - frequently, up to 8 hours per day.
- Kneel - frequently, 10-15 times per day.
- Bend - frequently, 10-15 times per day.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, carry 250 Lbs. infrequently
(1-3 times per shift)
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, carry 150 Lbs. frequently
(5-10 times per shift)
- Must have ability to step up and/or climb over obstacles
- Must be able to climb stairs while carrying up to 150 Lbs.
- Must have adequate hearing acuity to perform job tasks (as
delineated in California DMV DL51 medical examination
- Must have adequate vision (with corrective lenses if needed) to
clearly distinguish colors, shapes, distances, etc. (as delineated
in California DMV DL51 medical examination requirements)
- Must have adequate hand and finger dexterity to grip and hold
both large and small items
- Must have adequate hand and arm strength to grip and lift heavy
- Must be able to tolerate work in an outdoor environment (heat,
cold, rain, etc.)
Keywords: ProTransport-1, Rancho Cordova , EMT, Other , Rancho Cordova, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!