Property Claim Resolution Claim Representative - New Hire Bonus
Company: The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Location: Rancho Cordova
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Who Are We?Taking care of our customers, our communities and
each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this
commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best
property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join
us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives
on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do
it.Compensation OverviewThe annual base salary range provided for
this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad
range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual
salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors,
including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the
skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the
candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our
comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also
eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.Salary
Range$54,800.00 - $90,400.00Target Openings2What Is the
Opportunity?Potential for signing bonus of up to $5,000.
Travelers' Claim Organization is at the heart of our business by
providing assurance to our customers during life's rainy days. As a
Property Claim Representative you will walk our customers through
home and business claims while evaluating damage and negotiating on
their behalf. You will leverage your interpersonal and critical
thinking skills to evaluate and resolve personal and business
property claims. When a catastrophe happens, you will be first to
respond while keeping customers' peace of mind a top priority. As
part of the hiring process, this position requires the completion
of a brief online pre-employment assessment. Further information
regarding the assessment including an accommodation process, if
needed, will be provided at such time as your candidacy is deemed
appropriate for further consideration.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to
support flexibility.What Will You Do?
- Provide quality claim handling throughout the claim life cycle
while maintaining full compliance with internal and external
standards and state specific regulations. Resolves previously
closed 1st party PI and BI Property claims that vary in severity
- Resolve inquiries from customers, contractors, agents or other
participants on open or closed Property claims.
- Participate in our Catastrophe Response Program which could
include deployment away for a minimum of 16 days (includes 2 travel
days) to assist our customers in other states.
- Complete virtual inspection of losses including accurate scope
of damages, photographs, written estimates and/or computer assisted
- Handle claims and other functional work involving one or more
lines of business other than property.
- Acquire and maintain relevant Insurance License(s) to comply
with state and Travelers requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.What Will Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Customer Service experience.
- Two years of outside property claim handling experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with the
ability to use sound judgement to analyze and resolve claims.
- Ability to work independently, manage time, and prioritize
multiple claims simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the
ability to negotiate, convey, and receive information
- Interpersonal and customer service skills - Advanced
- Organizational and time management skills - Intermediate
- Ability to work independently - intermediate
- Judgment, analytical and decision making skills -
- Negotiation skills- Intermediate
- Written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
including the ability to convey and receive information effectively
- Investigative skills - Intermediate
- Ability to analyze and determine coverage - Intermediate
- Analyze, and evaluate damages - Intermediate
- Resolve claims within settlement authority - IntermediateWhat
is a Must Have?
- High School Diploma or GED.
- One year of outside property claim handling experience or
successful completion of Travelers Outside Claim Representative
training program.What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members -
including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible
for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions
dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to
an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in
the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment
toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual
contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a
Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of
20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised
of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness
goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to
professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources
to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're
eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the
communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved.
Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that
enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.Employment
PracticesTravelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the
unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our
organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the
physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we
may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above
or below the level included in this posting.To learn more about our
comprehensive benefit programs please visit
Keywords: The Travelers Companies, Inc., Rancho Cordova , Property Claim Resolution Claim Representative - New Hire Bonus, Other , Rancho Cordova, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!