Account Executive, Agribusiness
Company: The Travelers Companies
Location: Rancho Cordova
Posted on: May 8, 2022
Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other.
That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have
maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty
insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a
culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration.
Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a
nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries
for this role across the country. The actual salary for this
position will be determined by a number of factors, including the
scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education,
training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other
conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation
and benefits program, employees are also eligible for
performance-based cash incentive awards.
$73,400.00 - $121,000.00
What Is the Opportunity?
Under general supervision, responsible for the profitability,
growth and retention of assigned book of business within a
territory that is consistent with overall business line objectives.
Marketing and underwriting responsibilities typically include:
Underwriting new and renewal business on accounts of moderate
complexity. As a representative of the company, market to and
develop relationships with agents and brokers. Working with other
business units as appropriate to support market penetration
objectives and seeking out cross-sell opportunities. Independently
manages assigned territory. May occasionally seek assistance from a
senior level Account Executive or manager on more complex accounts.
Takes a portfolio view of their book of business to manage
profitability. The incumbent in this job does not manage
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
* Underwriting and Pricing:
* Underwrites primarily moderately complex accounts and risks and
considers different approaches toward risks to maximize
profitability (e.g., pricing, retention, endorsements, limits,
* Uses good judgment in making decisions within own underwriting
authority and makes recommendations on other accounts to meet
* Initiates collaborative discussions.
* Distribution and Agency Management:
* Effectively manages assigned agents/brokers by developing and
maintaining relationships to write and retain accounts consistent
with business unit appetite.
* Frequently meets with agents/brokers and insureds in order to
build and maintain business relationship.
* Uses consultative marketing / sales skills and successfully
employs a consultative selling approach to market products to
agents and brokers.
* Identifies and captures new business opportunities and
effectively cross sells market segment and Travelers
* Develops agency sales/business plan and frequently partners with
MD to develop region/group sales plan.
* Negotiates skillfully in difficult situations.
* Executes Strategy and Drives Results:
* Develops and executes on a plan to meet business objectives.
* Anticipates and identifies moderately complex
underwriting/marketing problems, thoroughly analyzes available
information and makes timely practical decisions.
* Business Planning and Collaboration:
* Fosters collaboration within the business unit and across the
enterprise. Seeks enterprise-wide solutions to business
* Assists less experienced employees when appropriate.
* Leading Others:
* In addition to leading self, may coach less experienced staff
* May participate in the training of less experienced Account
* Other duties as assigned.
* 2 years of Account Executive/ underwriting experience
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
* Bachelors degree preferred.
* In some lines of business, relevant agent/broker experience may
* Typically has 3-5 years of relevant Account Executive
* Previous Agribusiness underwriting experience preferred.
* Industry/Business Knowledge:
* Understands the local insurance marketplace, industry business
operations, critical issues and financial drivers that affect the
region and local office.
* Continuously seeks out market insight and uses acquired knowledge
to assist less experienced employees.
* Product Knowledge:
* Understands organizational and regulatory rules, policies and
procedures and effectively employs that knowledge in day-to-day
* Uses acquired skills and knowledge to assist less experienced
Licensing or Certificates
* Valid drivers license or alternate means of personal
* CPCU designation preferred in some lines of business.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
* Business Perspective:
* Uses knowledge of internal and external factors impacting the
property & casualty industry to make decisions.
* Analytical Thinking/Financial Acumen:
* Identifies current or future problems or opportunities, analyzes,
synthesizes and compares information to understand issues,
identifies cause/effect relationships and explores alternative
solutions to support sound decision making.
* Understands and uses financial information, tools and expense
management principles to accomplish day-to-day work and maximize
* Relationship Management:
* Seeks out, builds, fosters and maintains productive
relationships, networks or alliances to meet goals and achieve
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
* Operates standard office equipment (Continuously)
* Sitting (can stand at will) (Frequently)
* Use of Keyboards, Sporadic 10-Key (Frequently)
* Driving (Occasionally)
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique
abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization
and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the
physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we
may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above
or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit
Keywords: The Travelers Companies, Rancho Cordova , Account Executive, Agribusiness, Other , Rancho Cordova, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!