HR Business Partner, Medi-Cal Rx
Company: Magellan Health
Location: Rancho Cordova
Posted on: October 9, 2021
As the HR Business Partner for Magellan’s Medi-Cal Rx
organization, you will be a critical member of the business
leadership team – helping to drive talent strategies and employee
engagement for this 500+ employee organization. In support of our
mission to serve the pharmacy needs of California’s most vulnerable
citizens, you will provide HR guidance on issues ranging from
organizational development, employee relations, attraction and
retention of key personnel, training assessment and implementation
of programs, staff development, management coaching/advisement and
- Talent Acquisition: Work with business leader to build an
annual staffing plan that will support Medi-Cal Rx’ talent
- Talent Management and Development: Execute on the
organization’s talent plan by facilitating Talent Reviews and
Succession Planning sessions.
- Compensation: Partner with the business and Compensation
team to ensure programs are executed within guidelines and that
award criteria supports achievement of business
- Identify compensation needs across Medi-Cal Rx that may
require review and analysis with Compensation team and work with
them to complete the analysis.
- Organization Design/Change Management: Partner with
Senior Leaders on all organization
- Ensure Change Management principles are incorporated into
all restructures and assist leaders in building the appropriate
steps into business processes. (Include climate assessments,
communication plans, learning strategies and corresponding staffing
- Employee Relations: Manage individual employee relations cases
through to resolution in support of business needs.
- Counsel managers, supervisors and employees in effective human
resources practices, policies and procedures.
- Leadership and Team Development: Diagnose, design and
facilitate appropriate team development/intervention sessions to
address areas of concern and/or continue development.
- Propose, develop, and implement creative alternatives and
adaptations of HR programs as appropriate to meet local business
- Support HR initiatives such as open enrollments, new hire
orientations, process automation, corporate compliance programs,
bonus plans, performance reviews, merit increase process,
leadership continuity, etc.
- Provide communication/education/support to SR Leaders on
the roll-out of all HR initiatives and systems (e.g., policy
- Partner with leaders to ensure the Performance Management
process is administered appropriately.
- Ensure a pay for performance culture by the
implementation of solid annual performance goals and the
appropriate distribution of dollars across the
- Experience with Workday a plus.
- Minimum 6+ years of experience in Human Resources.
- If supporting a California contract, must have 6+ years of HR
experience in the state of California.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage at all levels in the
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through
issues that may be complex, difficult and emotional.
- Must have the ability to make recommendation to effectively
resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is consistent
with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulations,
- Proven track record in all aspects of strategic HR capital
- Strong technology skills and aptitude for learning
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
HR Business Partner, Medi-Cal Rx
Bachelors (Required), Masters
Certifications - Required
Certifications - Preferred
SPHR - Senior Professional in Human Resources - Enterprise
Magellan Health, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
Every employee must understand, comply with and attest to the
security responsibilities and security controls unique to their
position; and comply with all applicable legal, regulatory, and
contractual requirements and internal policies and procedures.
Keywords: Magellan Health, Rancho Cordova , HR Business Partner, Medi-Cal Rx, Other , Rancho Cordova, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!