LP Project Manager (Heavy Civil Group)
Company: Granite Construction Inc
Location: Rancho Cordova
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you
This position is responsible for the overall direction,
completion, and financial outcome of complex Heavy Civil
construction projects (not commercial projects) with a revenue
range of over $100 million.
- Perform accurate project revenue and cost financial forecasting
to ensure corporate profitability goals are met.
- Manage a staff of up to 25 full-time employees including
hiring, firing, and completing performance reviews.
- Coordinate with estimators and project controls group to
- Coordinate with large project executive, construction manager
and project team to develop comprehensive plan for project start up
and successful kick-off.
- Coordinate efforts with estimators, large project executive,
and construction manager to manage resources to meet project
- Participate in bid review and bid closing to ensure accuracy of
bid and evaluate project feasibility; work with estimating team to
develop bid schedule.
- Provide environment where dynamic project communication occurs
between Project Engineers, Foremen, Superintendents and
Construction Manager to ensure work is accomplished in an
efficient, profitable, and safe manner.
- Ensure proper job controls, i.e. quantities, costs, revenue and
- Establish and maintain working relationships with owners,
agencies, subcontractors, inspectors, etc., providing customer
service to develop long-term partnerships with client base.
- Ensure accurate construction reports for the job allowing for
continuous improvement in performance.
- BS degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management,
Business Administration, or related field or equivalent work
experience in heavy civil construction.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) year's progressive project experience
in heavy civil environments.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in paving, dirt, and
grading in either private or public environments.
- Experience as a Large Projects Superintendent preferred.
- Experience in Design-build projects preferred.
- Knowledge of construction paving, underground, concrete and
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Knowledge and understanding of union agreements and prevailing
- Maintain ability to work in high production environment.
- Demonstrated decision-making skills.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Excellent supervisory communication and organizational
- Accuracy at all times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The
employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands
to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally
required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to
adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Subject to outside working conditions. At times will be working
around large construction equipment, must be safety conscience.
- Ability to abide by Granite's Code of Conduct on a daily
- A team player
BS: Business Administration/Management (Required), BS: Civil
Engineering (Required), BS: Construction Management (Required)
Construction Operations, Large Projects
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Bid Proposals, Business Development, Civil Construction, Large
Project, Project Bidding
Notice to Agencies
Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only
in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and
in response to a specific job opening. Granite will not pay a fee
to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. Agency
agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's
Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other
Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement
regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.
Keywords: Granite Construction Inc, Rancho Cordova , LP Project Manager (Heavy Civil Group), Other , Rancho Cordova, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!