Senior Consulting Systems Analyst
Company: Magellan Health
Location: Rancho Cordova
Posted on: June 3, 2021
This position will analyze, evaluate and design/redesign
business, IT or operational processes using scientific approaches
such as Critical Thinking, Lean Management, ITIL, Design Thinking
and structured systems analysis and design. Provide requirements
and testing leadership for the portfolio of applications managed by
an IT Service Owner. Drive requirements definition. Oversee
detailed design and definition of acceptance criteria to ensure
high quality deliverables. Drive usability and quality of the
software developed within the area. Ensure integrity of the system
is maintained despite the speed of changes. Be a hands-on analyst
who can define user stories and acceptance criteria, assist with
problem solving, root cause analysis, trouble shooting and coaching
of junior it analysts on the team. Develop relationships with
senior stakeholders across partner teams, addressing concerns and
removing roadblocks to drive projects forward. Work closely with
stakeholders to make design decision throughout the development. Is
focused on achieving business goals and is vigilant about quality
in every phase of the development process.
- Focus on achieving business goals.
- Work with direct reports to deliver identified system
- Manage the deployment of business requirements through reliable
business system configuration updates to enterprise
- Gather requirements and collaborate on design and definition of
- Responsible for planning resources and tools to deliver against
- Drive requirements definition, design, unit testing, and
integration. Oversee detailed designs, and test plan reviews to
ensure high quality deliverables.
- Work closely with stakeholders to provide status, iterative
releases, and make design decision throughout the development.
- Engage, motivate and manage individual contributors.
- Develop relationships with senior stakeholders across partner
teams, addressing concerns and removing roadblocks to drive
- 10+ years of related experience including experience working
with Agile Methods. Experience moving across different departments
within IT to gain a broader perspective of the
- Building strong, successful, long-term partnerships.
- Produce actionable, results-oriented strategies to solve
complex and open-ended business problems.
- Experience performing implementation reviews.
- Ensure prompt and proper support of resolution of technical
- Thought leader on process improvement methodologies.
- Use creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical
skills, combined with a strong sense of ownership, and a proactive
- Excellent communication and project management skills, with a
track record of handling multiple customers and streams of
- Take responsibility for ensuring success of all
- Ability to help team meet tight deadlines and prioritize
- Experience in Health care, PBM or insurance industries.
- Experience with a variety of problem solving techniques.
- Experience working with industry standard claims, billing or
Senior Consulting Systems Analyst
Bachelors: Computer and Information Science
Certifications - Required
Certifications - Preferred
Magellan Health, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
Every employee must understand, comply with and attest to the
security responsibilities and security controls unique to their
position; and comply with all applicable legal, regulatory, and
contractual requirements and internal policies and procedures.
Keywords: Magellan Health, Rancho Cordova , Senior Consulting Systems Analyst, Other , Rancho Cordova, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!