Assistant Service Manager
Company: Auto Plus Pep Boys
Location: Rancho Cordova
Posted on: May 31, 2021
Pep Boys is driven by its promise to its customers, "We go
further to help you go farther." Founded 100 years ago by military
veterans, generations of drivers have counted on Pep Boys
ASE-certified Pros to service their vehicles. With a national
network of nearly 1,000 locations in 35 states and Puerto Rico, and
27distribution centers, Pep Boys employs more than 8,000 people.
More than seven million vehicles pass through Pep Boys bays each
year, and our commitment to being the ONE our communities count on
is demonstrated through our exceptional customer experience and
support of the critical technical training initiatives needed to
close America's skills gap. For more information, visit
Support the service and tire team under the direction of the
Manager, Store Service. Assist in driving sales across service
labor, parts, tires, and fleet business and you provide essential
selling and task support by partnering with management to make
certain that the service repair business is organized, store
operations are running efficiently, and shop productivity is
maintained to company standards.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Under the direction of the Store Manager of Service, assists in
various aspects of customer care, work order and register
assistance, facility maintenance, and merchandising activities,
including tire related stocking. Ensure that service equipment is
in proper working order and housekeeping standards are followed
according to SSC direction and instruction.
- Follow all policies and procedures related to all point of sale
(POS) transactions, inventory integrity, reverse logistics, cash,
credit, check, refund and return policies and purchase for re-sale
parts (OP) procurement and vendor payment practices.
- Work with the management team to react to customer service
issues, customer complaints, and/or business opportunities.
- Drives sales goals for the service center operation, both
through personal engagement with customers and by observing and
coaching the advisors on their customer interactions.
- Assist the Store Manager of Service in training and coaching
service selling associates on "Pep Boys Customer Care Process,"
Courtesy Vehicle Inspections (CVIs), and general operation of store
systems. Performs CVIs and other service-related tasks as qualified
- Assist in monitoring the shop productivity, workflow, and
procedures with an emphasis on efficiency, thoroughness, and
safety. Help with the day-to-day operations of the back shop, such
as ensuring that the service staff complete CVIs through associate
- Partner with Management to produce a safe and health work
environment that complies with all local, state, and federal laws,
as well as with company policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates with all store associates, management,
- In the absence of any management, the Assistant Service Manager
will act as the primary supervisor for the store staff, observing
and coordinating operational activities.
- Key holder and responsible for basic and detailed opening and
- Maintain an organized and neat shop.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, safety and
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One year of experience in automotive service environment.
- One year of automotive service sales experience preferred.
- Valid Driver's License .
- Must have basic knowledge and understanding of mathematical
concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division,
percentages, and fractions. Ability to apply mathematical formulas
to calculate commissions and discounts.
- Acted as a work lead or supervisor previously.
- Ability to exercise judgement and to work independently.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to handle difficult customer situations.
- Comfortable utilizing up-sell techniques.
- Strong cash handling skills, including the use of POS
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated consistency, accuracy and follow-through.
- Ability to work Days, Nights, Holidays and Weekends.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
The characteristics described here are representative of those
an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
- Must be able to lift, carry, and place merchandise and supplies
up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Frequent standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, including
squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting.
- Climb up and down ladders to retrieve and stock
- Communicate effectively in person, by telephone, or by using
- Enters and locates information on computer.
- Presents information to small and large groups.
- Visually verifies information, often in small print.
- Safely operates a motor vehicle.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: Auto Plus Pep Boys, Rancho Cordova , Assistant Service Manager, Other , Rancho Cordova, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!