This position will answer incoming calls and support customer
and vendors while ensuring quality customer service, and adhering
to the policies and procedures of the business. This level will
support our customers, stores and vehicle purchasing offices for
any support needed related to ownership document/paperwork and
system operations. They will track and document all support
provided to customers and vendors for our monthly metrics. They
will also comply with all Service Level Agreements with customers
- Answer calls and route to the proper level of support or
- Open a Team Track Ticket for all call inbounds for
- Act as application system and business process support for the
- Support the Vehicle Purchasing Agents and Managers with
purchasing and system related issues.
- Responsible for ensuring quality customer service.
- Perform testing when needed for system development and
- Provide production validation for system updates.
- Other duties as required.
Physical Activities Required to Perform Essential Functions:
Ability to stand, walk, and sit up for long periods of time.
Manual dexterity to reach and handle items with hands and arms;
Climb and balance, Ability to talk or hear; Peripheral and depth
perception vision; Light to moderate physical activity performing
non-strenuous daily activities of a productive/techinical
Business office environment with computers and printers; light
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- At least 1 year work experience in the related field is
required for this position.
- Extensive knowledge of our business policies and
- Desktop Applications including but not limited to Microsoft
Word, Excel, and Access.
- Basic Keyboarding at least 35 WPM.
- Microsoft Windows basic system navigation skills.
- Understand the set up of the desktop operating systems, PC's,
and printer hardware.
- Must possess good communication skills.
- Must be willing to work overtime when needed
- Applicant must be proactive and work independently without
- Well- organized individual; excellent people skills.
- Enthusiastic, 'can do' , entrepreneurial attitude.
- Articulate and well-spoken; confident and friendly, in a team
- Customer service orientation and ability to teach on phone and
at customer sites.
PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned
to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required.
All U.S. applicants must be 18 years of age or older and all
Canada applicants must be 16 years of age or older.
Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. participates in e-verify for
all U.S. new hires.
An offer of U.S. employment by Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc.
or any of its subsidiaries is contingent on the satisfactory
completion of a post-offer drug screen and background check.
All new hires must review and sign an Arbitration Agreement.
This applies to all U.S. non-union employees.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Schnitzer Steel Industries,
Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color,
sex, marital status, disability status, national origin or
ancestry, veteran status, age, prior industrial injury, sexual
orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status
under local, state or federal law.