Water Distribution Operator I (29.21)
Location RANCHO CORDOVA, CA (Rancho Cordova Office)
Job Code 29.21
Pay range 39,925-60,039
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities,
veterans and people with disabilities
are encouraged to apply.
Golden State Water Company is one of the largest investor-owned
water utilities in the United States. We have been all about water
for more than 80 years. Our team of professionals delivers
reliable, quality water and great service to customers in 75
communities across California.
The Water Distribution Operator I is an entry-level position and
is considered to be in a training status requiring immediate to
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Learns to perform the various tasks associated with the
maintenance and operation of a water distribution system.
- Learns the proper use of tools and equipment required to
perform the job.
- Under direction, participates in the installation, repairs and
replacement of water mains, water services, valves, fire hydrants
and water meters.
- Interacts with customers and acts as a representative of the
- Performs meter reads, ons and offs and field
- Performs collection activities of delinquent accounts.
- Participates in routine maintenance activities such as system
flushing, valve exercising and fire hydrant maintenance.
- Under direction, follows established policies and procedures in
repair of equipment to ensure proper working order.
- Operates company vehicles and equipment according to
established safety procedures and policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Available for emergency response, 24 hours/day, seven
- Must reside within 25 miles of the nearest water system
boundary where assigned in order to respond to emergencies.
- Works under immediate supervision.
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Good communication skills.
- General PC skills
- Valid California driver's license.
- Must obtain a SWRCB Grade 1 Water Distribution Operator
Certification within 18 months of employment start date.
NOTE: Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable
individuals with special needs to perform the essential
May include working in all weather conditions, during all hours
of the day. Physical demands include but are not limited to
standing, climbing, walking, lifting, bending, pulling and/or
pushing, grasping, reaching, stooping and crouching, sitting,
typing, walking, reading, writing, color determination, speaking
and listening for extended periods of time.
Qualities of a Successful Distribution Operator I
- Trustworthy; strong personal integrity
- Demonstrates strong level of accountability and ownership
- Collaborative/Team oriented
- Emotional Maturity
- Exhibits professionalism with internal and external
- Organized with strong attention to detail and time management
- High degree of initiative; self-starter
Golden State Water Company is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, colors,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status.