2VP, Claim Operations
Company: The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Location: Rancho Cordova
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Job ID: R-5454
Job Category: Claim
Location: Rancho Cordova, CA
Posted Date: January 29, 2021
Apply Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other.
That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have
maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty
insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a
culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration.
Imagine loving what you do and where you do it. Target Openings 1
Job Description Summary Under general direction, this position is
accountable for the financials including controls and compliance
for assigned claim operation, is actively engaged with lines of
business leaders in driving national claim strategies as defined by
each line of business including trend analysis; responsible for the
successful partnership and performance of the Operations staff.
Leadership responsibilities including the selection, training,
development, performance management and compensation administration
of staff. This position is a manager of managers. Primary Job
Duties & Responsibilities Attract, Retain and Develop World Class
- Accountable for the selection, training and development of
staff to ensure succession plan and talent retention.
- Manage staff performance; implementing strategies and plans to
address staff development; provide frequent performance
- Evaluate performance behaviors, and develop and implement
strategies and plans to address staff professional development.
Assure training needs are identified and addressed on an ongoing
- Responsible for the performance assessment and determination of
compensation for assigned staff.
- Serve as a leadership role model to strengthen the development
of the staff by sharing knowledge, experience and taking
responsible risks to improve individual and team performance.
- Employ proper claim handling techniques to protect the
integrity of Travelers brand and providing consistent service
quality and streamlined processes to add value for our
- Driving local claim strategy/execution through effective
communication and endorsing a perpetual improvement mindset.
- Identify business drivers and trends to support the Business
Leadership in developing and coordinating business plan strategies
and the integration of product line business plans/strategies.
- Provide guidance and direction to Operations Unit Managers and
staff through a continuous process of management involvement.
Ensure functions, process and procedures support office line of
- Assist Claim Center Vice President and local product leadership
in driving national claim strategies as defined by each line of
business to ensure consistent and successful execution at the local
level. Work with line of business to adjust claim processes as
appropriate to anticipate, respond to and manage trends.
- Ensuring successful service and product delivery.
-- Drive the Information Advantage:
- Successfully leverage data, management information and
technology to identify and make the most of opportunities to
support business strategies and improve results.
- Proactively provide data to clearly demonstrate trends and
provide recommendations to improve performance and successful
--- Achieve Optimal Solutions:
- Focus on resolution and process improvement, fulfilling all
obligations while maximizing cost effectiveness, helping the
business understand drivers, trends and product stress points and
helping our partners attract and retain business.
- Monitor office volume and staffing trends across all lines and
across the office. Analyze actual versus planned, perform staffing
analysis, monitor census versus planning and budget
- Monitor quality, compliance, and results of claim policies,
procedures and results across all lines of business. Conduct
Self-Assessment & Validation.
- Oversee expense and financial controls for entire claim office
operation. Evaluate underlying controls by reviewing various
reports summarized in the. Minimum Qualifications
- A minimum of 7 years insurance or financial industry
- A minimum of 2 years' experience managing employees. Education,
Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelors' degree in Finance or Accounting preferred.
- Claim management experience in managing managers
- General knowledge and understanding of marketing, underwriting
and account management processes preferred. Job Specific Technical
Skills & Competencies Leading the Business:
- Strategic planning - Develops long-term objectives and
strategies; translates vision into realistic business
- Analytical Thinking - Identifies current or future problems or
opportunities; analyzes, synthesizes and compares information to
understand issues; identifies cause/effect relationships; and
explores alternative solutions that support sound
--- Leading Others:
- Leading employees - Delegates to employees effectively broadens
employee opportunities, acts with fairness toward direct reports,
and hires talented people for his/her team.
- Forging synergy - Maintains smooth, effective working
relationships; promotes effective teamwork.
- Building collaborative relationships - Builds productive
working relationships with co-workers and external parties.
- Communicating effectively -Expresses ideas clearly and
concisely; disseminates information about decisions, plans and
-- Leading Self:
- Openness to influence, flexibility - Takes ideas different from
own seriously; shares responsibility and collaborates with others;
accepts criticism well; doesn't assume a single best way.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Travel Requirements: Travel Occasionally Employment Practices
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique
abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization
and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our
differences.-- If you have questions regarding the physical
requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist
you. Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level
above or below the level included in this posting. Careers at
Travelers When you work at Travelers, life's most important moments
become your life's work. That means helping families feel secure,
businesses to prosper, knowing that you've made a difference, and
feeling like you belong to something bigger. It also means being
part of a team comprised of 30,000 + talented and passionate people
that are evolving to meet changing needs - from customer service to
data science and beyond. If that's more than you imagined in an
insurance career, it's time to join us at Travelers.
Keywords: The Travelers Companies, Inc., Rancho Cordova , 2VP, Claim Operations, Other , Rancho Cordova, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!