Senior Engineer - Database Engineering
Company: The Sacramento Bee
Location: Rancho Cordova
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Posted on August 20, 2023 Employer: MAXIMUS, Inc. I: Essential
- Implement automated methods to perform database & Oracle
E-business Suite (EBS) installation, cloning, patching, upgrades &
- Establish and maintain sound backup and recovery policies and
- Implement industry best practices for consistent modularized
installation and configuration for production and non-production
environments, including self-service options to service teams using
a DevOps mindset and principles.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to gather requirements and
engineer solutions that meets business needs.
- Configure and document high availability and business
continuity solutions as per business requirements.
- Implement and maintain EBS/database security at infrastructure
and application level.
- Define monitoring requirements for cloud databases & EBS, and
lead efforts for continual improvements & proactive
- Automate and improve Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) and
- Act as a technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) during escalated
- Provide support to all change management activities like
deployments to all production and non-production environments.
- Troubleshoot, track and resolve complex database issues,
identify recurring problems and apply fixes.
- Keep replicated systems in sync with production.
- Track and resolve database & EBS related requests from users
and escalate, as necessary.
- Perform proactive space & growth management for databases & EBS
in cloud infrastructure.
- Design implement & maintain sound backup and recovery policies
- Effectively demonstrate on performance analysis, tuning &
improvements of Oracle database-based application systems
- Provide solutions for system performance tuning/optimization
and minimize or eliminate slowness related incidents.
- Provide support for internal and external audits of EBS
instances, and design security policies surrounding the audit
- Research, recommend and introduce new cloud-based technologies
and new uses of existing technologies partnering with development
partners and other subject matter experts.
- Available to team 24/7 to support mission critical production
system including on-call team members. II: Experience or
- At least 5 years of experience in database engineering
utilizing Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS). III: Educational
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology,
Management Information Systems, Electronics Engineering, or a
closely related field. IV: Special Skills Required:
- Experience must have included:
- Oracle database;
- MySQL database;
- PostgreSQL database;
- Oracle WebLogic
- Oracle E-business Suite; and
- Cloud Technologies (AWS). To apply for this position, please
forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with
"Senior Engineer - Database Engineering (CA-3996)" in the subject
line. No telephone calls, please. MAXIMUS, Inc. is an equal
Keywords: The Sacramento Bee, Rancho Cordova , Senior Engineer - Database Engineering, IT / Software / Systems , Rancho Cordova, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!