HR People Connect Agent
Company: Delta Dental
Location: Rancho Cordova
Posted on: January 9, 2021
At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people
who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right
for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of
high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping
commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our
leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and
motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our
employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and
challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems.
Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering
development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other's
strengths and sharing in successes.The People Connect Agent acts as
a trusted first point-of-contact following self-service for
questions on a variety of human resources related topics including
but not limited to policies, programs, processes, total rewards,
training and development, performance management, position
management, workplace concerns, time off and leave of absence
requests, workers compensation, talent acquisition, payroll,
reporting and other general inquiries. The Agent facilitates,
researches and resolves service requests from union and non-union
employees at all levels of the organization by referencing
available tools, materials and resources, and through collaboration
with subject matter experts and points of contact in other
departments. The Agent also processes the paperwork associated with
various HR programs.How you will make an impact:
- Answers a variety of human resources (HR) related inquiries
from current and former employees originating via phone, email or
electronic service requests; makes every effort to resolve
inquiries at first contact.
- Assists in resolving employee questions on Human Resources
policies, programs, processes, total rewards, training and
development, performance management, position management, workplace
concerns, time off including vacation, sick and leaves of absence,
workers compensation, talent acquisition, payroll, reporting and
other general inquiries.
- Routes complex inquiries to subject matter experts (Tier 2)
where appropriate, while maintaining customer contact and rapport
to ensure the employee's service request is satisfactorily and
- Tracks all service requests, originating from various entry
points, and maintains thorough notes for reference in the dedicated
service request system.
- Maintains working knowledge of HR policies, procedures,
programs and initiatives to accurately answer questions.
- Ensures service requests are thoroughly resolved; contacts
designated points of contact in other areas of the organization as
necessary and/or perform research to accurately and thoroughly
- Provides high-quality, timely, an professional customer
- Records and tracks all customer contact in the dedicated
service request system.
- Identifies and reports trends or irregular inquiries to
leadership to aid in informed decision making and the development
of comprehensive approaches.
- Processes employee life events.
- Verifies enrolled dependents.
- Processes reimbursements for tuition.
- Responds to unemployment claims.
- Reviews attendance and metric corrective actions.
- Reviews initiated workers' compensation claims.
- Processes employee requests for dental loans.
- Completes exit paperwork and interviews for employees leaving
the organization voluntarily.
- Maintains paper and electronic employee files including Form
I-9s, and updates accordingly.
- Educates employees on available self-service tools and
materials for increased efficiency in resolving inquiries and in
support of the People Org service delivery model.
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned.What we look
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of one (1) year generalist experience in human
resources, with a wide breadth of exposure.
- Knowledge and skills of entry level HR Generalist.
- Strong written and oral communication skills including
professional telephone etiquette.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to stay organized while multitasking and managing a
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with
- Ability to operate in a phone and electronic service request
- Resourceful at leveraging available tools to find answers.
- Critical thinking skills.Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 12 holidays and your birthday
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost
- 100% paid dental insurance.
- 100% paid vision insurance.
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive.
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to
improve your skills.
- Career growth: we love promoting from within!
- Strong commitment to work/life balance.
- Technology allowance.
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities.Due to
COVID-19, there is an even greater demand for flexibility and
change. Due to the pandemic, the expectation around work location
for certain roles may be remote until a future date, determined by
Delta Dental Management. Should the position you seek be determined
by Delta Dental Management as "remote," the position may require
you to have access to remote internet in order to meet the
expectations outlined in the job duties.Please note, Delta Dental
will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this
position.#LI-cg1At Delta Dental we:Promote accountability,
integrity and collaboration: Our employees are collaborative,
self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right
thing and follow through on commitments.Foster professional
development: Our employees take ownership of developing themselves
and others through coaching, mentoring and providing/being open to
constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities.Value
customers and cultivate positive experiences: Our employees take
time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and
exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.If you think this
sounds like you, let's chat. We would love to tell you more!Follow
us @lifeatDDins on Instagram, lifeatDDins on Facebook, @lifeatDDins
on TwitterABOUT Delta DentalDelta Dental covers more Americans than
any other dental benefits provider. Our vision is to motivate and
empower every employee so we're all inspired to take exceptional
care of our customers, providers and each other. Our Enterprise
Strategy focuses on pillars of Growth and Diversification,
supported by the platforms of Culture and People, Process and
Technology. Our employees take pride working for a purpose-driven
organization and live our values of Trust, Service, Excellence and
Innovation.We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a
network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million
people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New
York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance
Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the
nation's largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33
million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates
of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39
Delta Dental companies throughout the country.Delta Dental provides
equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other
classification protected by federal or state law. In addition to
federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable
state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in
every location in which the company has facilities. This policy
applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including
recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
training.Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be
provided if selected for hire.
Keywords: Delta Dental, Rancho Cordova , HR People Connect Agent, Human Resources , Rancho Cordova, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!