CRNA - Roseville - Full-time
Location: Rancho Cordova
Posted on: March 20, 2023
$50,000+ sign-on bonus eligible!--Job Summary:Selects--and
administers intravenous, spinal and other anesthetics prior to and
during surgical or medical procedures, as a member of the
anesthesia care team and in accordance with Kaiser Permanente
policies and procedures. Monitors patient reactions and vital signs
during and after anesthesia and takes remedial action when
warranted. Submits postoperative report on patient condition, and
maintains records of anesthetics administered. Performs procedures
outside of the OR, in accordance with KP policies and procedures,
established competency, and MD order.Essential
- Conducts and/or reviews anesthetic evaluation of patients prior
to surgical proceedings, deliveries or other pertinent medical
procedures in hospital setting; consults with anesthesiologists
- Reviews patients charts, including permits, pre-operative
medications, lab work, and any other significant variations, such
as hearing aids, dentures, contact lenses, or other prostheses, in
accordance with KPs policies and procedures and the departmental
- Evaluates patients to identify apparent difficulties with
airway control, etc. --Ensures that all pre-anesthesia evaluations
are documented thoroughly according to policies and standards.
- Explains tests, procedures and disease processes to patients
and their family as indicated; explains the major anesthetic risks
to patients as requested and documents that the risks are explained
- Develops the care regimen of assigned patients; reviews the
care regimen with the supervising physician and gains concurrence;
implements the anesthesia plan; --starts IV solution, administers
selected anesthetic, choice of anesthetic consistent with patient
safety, surgical need, possible post operative complications, and
patients history and conditions. and evaluates and manages the
patient, according to departmental policy.
- Participates with post anesthesia care unit personnel in a
patient safety oriented interface when patients are transferred
from the surgery suite. --
- Monitors patients vital signs, such as blood pressure and
observes any significant physical changes; informs anesthesiologist
and/or surgeon of patients condition and takes any necessary
remedial action such as infant resuscitation when necessary.
- Mixes solutions to required concentrations, such as pentothal,
succinylcholine, vaso-active drugs etc.
- Keeps current accurate and complete record of procedures
performed and patients conditions immediately prior to the
administration of anesthesia according to established
- Performs procedures done outside of OR, such as intubation,
arterial line placement, etc., in accordance with policies and
procedures, competencies, and physician order. --Charts details of
procedures done on progress notes.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on
a routine basis. --At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the
right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such
positions from salaried to hourly pay status. --Such changes are
generally implemented only after notice is given to affected
employees. Basic Qualifications: Experience
- N/A Education
- Graduate of an accredited registered nursing program. Graduate
of an accredited school of anesthesia by date of hire. High School
Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required. License,
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (California) required at
- Registered Nurse License (California) required at hire from
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support required at hire
- Basic Life Support required at hire
- National Provider Identifier required at hire Additional
- Demonstrated understanding of all regulatory requirements and
legal consequences of anesthesia care.
- Proven ability to exercise professional prerogatives based on
sound clinical judgment.
- Demonstrated track record of following the precautionary and
preventive measures in giving patient care.
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams and have proven
communications and listening skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in interpersonal relations,
customer service, adaptability and change management.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Must be eligible for Medicare/Medi-Cal enrollment. Medicare
enrollment requires current certification by one of the following
organizations: Council on Certification of Nurse Anesthetists or
the Council on Recertification of Nurse Anesthetists. Preferred
- N/AJob Schedule: Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse
Keywords: Kaiser, Rancho Cordova , CRNA - Roseville - Full-time, Healthcare , Rancho Cordova, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...