Occupational Safety Health Analyst
Company: Leidos Inc
Location: Rancho Cordova
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Description Job Description:Leidos is a Fortune 500 company
aimed at embracing and solving some of the world's most pressing
challenges. Through science and technology,Are you tired of working
60+ hours a week? Are you looking for a better Work Life Balance?
At Leidos, Work Life Balance is not just a catch phrase, it's a way
of life. We expect our employees to work a normal 40 hour week. If
this sounds good to you, we invite you to explore our job
opportunities with Leidos.In this role, you will gain many
intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical
thinking and problem solving, the ability to convey complicated
problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems
using available tools.The NISC IV program at Leidos is looking for
an Occupational Safety Health Analyst!The selected candidate
- Takes effective steps to ensure that workplace conditions
comply with applicable federal and state Occupational Safety and
Health standards, ensuring that all records are prepared and
- Participates in Occupational Safety and Health Administration
(OSHA) inspections and in any procedures that may follow a
- Investigates, prepares reports, and forwards documents to
customer for approval.
- Reports on injuries and fatalities.
- Conducts safe work procedures training courses.Primary Tasks:
- This position will support the Federal Aviation Administration
(FAA), Air Traffic Organization (ATO), Western Service Area (WSA)
Environmental, Occupational Safety & Health (EOSH) Program and
assist the District Safety and Environmental Compliance Managers
(SECMs) for the Oakland (OAK) District Office.
- The candidate will respond to tasks within the customer's
Asbestos, Lead, Environmental Compliance, OSH Compliance, Confined
Space, Fall Protection, Safety Training, Drinking Water, Indoor Air
Quality (IAQ), and Pandemic programs.
- The candidate will participate in EOSH investigations related
to potential accidental releases, mishaps, and employee complaints,
as requested by the Safety & Environmental Compliance Manager
- Working knowledge and proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office
applications to include: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- The position requires the candidate to travel approximately 25%
- 50% supporting the Oakland District.
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain a Public Trust Security
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related
discipline, OR equivalent experience/combined education will be
accepted in lieu of degree, with 4+ years of professional
experience; OR 2+ years of professional experience with a related
Masters degree.Preferred Qualifications:
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Certified Safety
Professional (CSP), OR Associated Safety Professional is highly
- Certified in any of the following areas is a plus: Asbestos
Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA) Asbestos
Contractor/Supervisor; AHERA Asbestos Building Inspector; Certified
Lead Professional; Lead Inspector/Risk Assessor; and Hazardous
Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER).
- Able to be fit-tested and wear respirator, and be enrolled in
Respiratory Protection Program (if hired).
- Able to climb structures and oversee Fall Protection
- Confined Space assessment, program administration; Forklift
Operator, Forklift Instructor; Aerial Lift Operator, and Aerial
Lift Instructor, are desired.
- Should have highly developed presentation skills, comfortable
conducting training classes, self-motivated and proactive team
player, excellent written and oral communication skills, and
proficient using MS Office software, are desired.Leidos is growing!
Connect with us onandPay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 -
$137,700.00The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general
guideline onlyand not a guarantee of compensation or salary.
Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but
are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education,
experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal
equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement
(if any), or other law.#Featuredjob
Keywords: Leidos Inc, Rancho Cordova , Occupational Safety Health Analyst, Healthcare , Rancho Cordova, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!