Supervisor (RN), Transfer & Referral Center
Company: Sutter Health
Location: Rancho Cordova
Posted on: September 26, 2022
Organization:SMCS-Valley AdministrationPosition Overview:
-Supervises and oversees day-to-day activities of clinical and
non-clinical staff, implementing protocols, policies and procedures
to ensure the safe transfer and transport of patients to and from
affiliate facilities. Establishes work priorities and manages team
workload and resources to meet operational goals.Job
- Equivalent experience will be accepted in lieu of the required
degree or diploma.
- Bachelor's: Nursing, Healthcare Administration or related
field. or equivalent education/experienceCERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
- RN-Registered Nurse of California Upon HirePREFERRED EXPERIENCE
AS TYPICALLY ACQUIRED IN:
- 5 years progressively responsible clinical experience in a
Transfer Center, Case Management, Emergency Room, nursing/direct
patient care and/or as a nursing supervisor.
- 5 years experience with InterQual or related program specific
to admissions criteria.
- 5 years experience with using electronic medical record.SKILLS
- Knowledge of principles and practices of patient care, and an
understanding of medical diagnoses.
- Knowledge of InterQual or related admissions criteria to assess
for medical necessity.
- Knowledge of applicable legislative and regulatory guidelines
(e.g., Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA),
The Joint Commission (TJC), and Emergency Medical Treatment and
Active Labor Act (EMTALA)) pertaining to healthcare practices.
- Labor Act (EMTALA)) pertaining to healthcare practices.
- Familiarity and understanding of managed care
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to mentor,
motivate and engage team.
- Ability to interpret and apply regulations, policies,
procedures, practices, and record keeping requirements.
- Ability to identify and analyze trends, determine solutions and
resolve operational issues as guided by policies, procedures or
- Ability to establish trust and credibility, and to interact and
maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in
the performance of role's duties while respecting cultural and
linguistic differences and fostering an inclusive work
- Ability to communicate through verbal and written means, and to
present information to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic and fast-paced
environment with changing business priorities
- Organization and planning skills to effectively delegate,
manage and/or re-prioritize activities and projects to meet
deadlines while delivering quality service and maintaining a high
degree of responsiveness.
- Displays a customer service focus in all decisions and
- Displays integrity and ethics in handling confidential
- Ability to use essential applications and/or databases
associated with the role's duties and responsibilities.Job
Shift:NightsSchedule:Part TimeShift Hours:8Days of the
Week:VariableWeekend Requirements:Every other
WeekendBenefits:YesUnions:NoThis position is work from home
eligible.Position Status: Non-ExemptWeekly Hours:24Employee
Status:RegularNumber of Openings:1Sutter Health Affiliates are
equal opportunity employers
EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.Schedule/Shift: Regular/ Nights
Keywords: Sutter Health, Rancho Cordova , Supervisor (RN), Transfer & Referral Center, Healthcare , Rancho Cordova, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!