Lead, Pharmacy Rebate Specialist, Medi-Cal
Company: Magellan Health
Location: Rancho Cordova
Posted on: September 15, 2022
This position is responsible for providing backup support to the
supervisor with the ability to independently resolve escalated
issues. Maintains consistent high-quality performance. Trains and
leads team members. Provides assistance to supervisor in all
aspects other than personnel related activities.
- Support the Rebate Supervisor(s) to oversee day-to-day rebate
operations, providing work assignments to ensure contractual SLAs
are being met.
- Serves as secondary point of contact for all escalations when
Supervisor is unavailable.
- Understands and adheres to departmental policies and
- Leads new hire and refresher training to team members.
- Provides procedural and/or system demonstrations, as
- Maintains a clear understanding of rebate client contractual
requirements ensuring compliance with service level
- Performs quarterly manufacturer rebate invoicing for assigned
clients or manufacturers.
- Creates and maintains invoicing practices, including
pre-invoicing quality reviews and adjustments for fee for service,
managed care, diabetic supply and supplemental rebate
- Produces reports, including federal rebate 64.9R.
- Works directly with manufacturers pertaining to dispute
- Serves as primary contact for manufacturers to answer/resolve
- Conducts quality validation and approval of claim files.
- Provides subject matter expertise for internal and external
audits providing requested information and support.
- Assists with payment posting and Dunning letter (late notice)
- Assists Account Management with client requests.
- Identifies areas of improvement and shares with
- Mentors Billing Specialists and acts as resource for
- Assists with application updates and testing.
- Attends meetings and conference calls with clients and drug
- Provides training and participates in interviews/hiring process
as needed. Other Job Requirements Responsibilities7+ years of
experience in customer support, analysis or business preferably
within a financial environment.
Bachelor's degree required or an additional 4 years of relevant
experience in lieu of degree.
Possesses progressive experience as a rebate specialist.
Demonstrates master/expert skills in research and analysis.
Proven leadership skills.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. General Job
Information TitleLead, Pharmacy Rebate Specialist, Medi-CalGrade21
Work Experience - Required Customer Service, Data Analysis,
Operations Work Experience - Preferred Education - Required A
Combination of Education and Work Experience May Be Considered.,
Bachelors Education - Preferred License and Certifications -
Required License and Certifications - Preferred CPT - Certified
Pharmacy Technician - PharmacySalary RangeSalary
Minimum:$45,655Salary Maximum:$68,485 This information reflects the
anticipated base salary range for this position based on current
national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location.
Actual pay will be adjusted based on an individual's skills,
experience, education, and other job-related factors permitted by
law. This position may be eligible for short-term incentives as
well as a comprehensive benefits package. Magellan offers a broad
range of health, life, voluntary and other benefits and perks that
enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing.
Magellan Health, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled.Every employee
must understand, comply with and attest to the security
responsibilities and security controls unique to their position;
and comply with all applicable legal, regulatory, and contractual
requirements and internal policies and procedures.
Keywords: Magellan Health, Rancho Cordova , Lead, Pharmacy Rebate Specialist, Medi-Cal, Healthcare , Rancho Cordova, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!