Lead, Pharmacy Rebate Specialist, Medi-Cal
Company: Magellan Health
Location: Rancho Cordova
Posted on: June 19, 2022
This position is responsible for providing backup support to the
supervisor with the ability to independently resolve escalated
issues. Maintains consistent high-quality performance. Trains and
leads team members. Provides assistance to supervisor in all
aspects other than personnel related activities.
- Support the Rebate Supervisor(s) to oversee day-to-day rebate
operations, providing work assignments to ensure contractual SLAs
are being met.
- Serves as secondary point of contact for all escalations when
Supervisor is unavailable.
- Understands and adheres to departmental policies and
- Leads new hire and refresher training to team members.
- Provides procedural and/or system demonstrations, as
- Maintains a clear understanding of rebate client contractual
requirements ensuring compliance with service level
- Performs quarterly manufacturer rebate invoicing for assigned
clients or manufacturers.
- Creates and maintains invoicing practices, including
pre-invoicing quality reviews and adjustments for fee for service,
managed care, diabetic supply and supplemental rebate
- Produces reports, including federal rebate 64.9R.
- Works directly with manufacturers pertaining to dispute
- Serves as primary contact for manufacturers to answer/resolve
- Conducts quality validation and approval of claim files.
- Provides subject matter expertise for internal and external
audits providing requested information and support.
- Assists with payment posting and Dunning letter (late notice)
- Assists Account Management with client requests.
- Identifies areas of improvement and shares with
- Mentors Billing Specialists and acts as resource for
- Assists with application updates and testing.
- Attends meetings and conference calls with clients and drug
- Provides training and participates in interviews/hiring process
as needed.Other Job RequirementsResponsibilities7+ years of
experience in customer support, analysis or business preferably
within a financial environment.
Bachelor's degree required or an additional 4 years of relevant
experience in lieu of degree.
Possesses progressive experience as a rebate specialist.
Demonstrates master/expert skills in research and analysis.
Proven leadership skills.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.General Job
InformationTitleLead, Pharmacy Rebate Specialist,
Medi-CalGrade21Work Experience - RequiredCustomer Service, Data
Analysis, OperationsWork Experience - PreferredEducation -
RequiredA Combination of Education and Work Experience May Be
Considered., BachelorsEducation - PreferredLicense and
Certifications - RequiredLicense and Certifications - PreferredCPT
- Certified Pharmacy Technician - PharmacyMagellan Health, Inc. is
proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free
Every employee must understand, comply with and attest to the
security responsibilities and security controls unique to their
position; and comply with all applicable legal, regulatory, and
contractual requirements and internal policies and procedures.
Keywords: Magellan Health, Rancho Cordova , Lead, Pharmacy Rebate Specialist, Medi-Cal, Healthcare , Rancho Cordova, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!