Senior Business Analyst MediCal
Company: Magellan Health
Location: Rancho Cordova
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Serves as liaison between departmental team business owners, end
users, IT, Claims and Clinical departments. Responds to ad hoc
requests for support, reports and analysis. Supports departmental
management team by providing trending and performance data.
Supports special projects. Maintains and monitors reporting queues
and requests (if appropriate), and internal share point sites. May
participate in full life cycle development by performing
requirements analysis, process development and design, and testing
using development methodology. Collaborates with functional teams,
as well as with IT business analysts and programmers to develop
detailed design specifications according to standards.
- Develops and documents workflow, systems requirements, system
impact analysis, systems design, process analysis and testing
(including reasonableness checks) using software development
methodology to provide efficient, cost-effective solutions as
- Identifies impact of solutions on existing and future systems.
May perform operational activities.
- Creates and maintains standard related reports to support
operational and development needs.
- Manages reporting and requests for ad hoc reports to support
sales, implementation, new product development, specials.
- Queries data warehouse and internal databases and prepares user
friendly reports according to outlined requirements.
- Creates and maintains internal management tools and databases
to support CQI, rates, workflow business rules and system
configuration, reimbursement and document management
- Develops and maintains project plans.
- Manages small to medium sized projects, system enhancements
impacting data management.
- Conducts root cause analyses, gathering data to pinpoint
problem areas on which to focus, validating that the analysis is
data driven, recommending and implementing solutions and evaluating
those results, and implementing controls to monitor consistent use
of the solution.
- Participates in design plans for implementation, produces user
documentation and training materials. May conduct end user
- Provides status reports that give a detailed description of the
current project?s progress and indicates time devoted to each task
of the project; leads status meetings, creating agendas and
documenting meeting minutes as needed.
- Identifies reporting needs based on system configuration and
workflows and documents reporting requirements and testing of new
reports in development prior to implementation to Production.
- Participates in initiatives or projects that support process
improvements, leveraging new system capabilities or the integration
of data/other applications into existing systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Other Job
RequirementsResponsibilities5+ years of experience in analysis.
Related professional experience in the managed care, healthcare, or
Analytical/problem solving skills, excellent verbal and written
communication skills, strong PC background, efficient in using
Knowledge of system process analysis and/or program management,
estimating IT system development and testing.
For positions supporting Medicare, requires 3+ years of experience
working in Medicare Operations.General Job InformationTitleSenior
Business Analyst MediCalGrade25Work Experience - RequiredBusiness
AnalysisWork Experience - PreferredEducation - RequiredA
Combination of Education and Work Experience May Be Considered.,
BachelorsEducation - PreferredLicense and Certifications -
RequiredLicense and Certifications - PreferredMagellan Health, Inc.
is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free
Every employee must understand, comply with and attest to the
security responsibilities and security controls unique to their
position; and comply with all applicable legal, regulatory, and
contractual requirements and internal policies and procedures.
Keywords: Magellan Health, Rancho Cordova , Senior Business Analyst MediCal, Healthcare , Rancho Cordova, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!