Staff Nurse II - Case Management - Chronic Conditions - SNP Medicare
Location: Rancho Cordova
Posted on: May 23, 2023
Job Summary: The Registered Nurse (RN) II is a professional
caregiver who assumes responsibility and accountability for a group
of patients for a designated time frame. The RN II provides care to
patients via the therapeutic use of self, the nursing process, the
environment and instrumentation, and other health care team
- Performs assessment/data collection in an on-going systematic
manner, focusing on physiologic, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual
and cognitive status; also nutrition, pain, patient/family
education, family involvement and patient advocacy.
- Formulates a goal-directed plan of care when and where
appropriate to do so.
- Implements care in a thorough, skillful, consistent, and
- Establishes priorities or patient care based on essential
patient needs and available unit resources of time, personnel,
equipment, and supplies.
- Identifies patient/family learning needs and acts to meet
- Demonstrates an awareness of and sensitivity to patient/family
rights, age specific needs, cultural and ethical beliefs.
- Provides/coordinates care for patients/patient
- Establishes effective working relationships with members of the
health care team, patients, and families.
- Acknowledges staff rights and cultural and ethical
- Delegates appropriately and coordinates duties of health care
- Evaluates effectiveness of care given by health care team
- Utilizes effective communication methods and skills, following
lines of authority, as appropriate.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and applies safety principles as
identified within the institution.
- Performs efficiently in emergency patient care situations
following established protocols, remaining calm, informing
appropriate persons, and documenting events.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own
- Participates regularly in staff development activities for unit
and department personnel.
- Demonstrates knowledge of legal issues, including patient
confidentiality and risk management in all aspects of patient care
and unit functioning.
- Participates in unit and Department Performance Improvement
activities as directed.
- Participates in nursing research activities as requested.
- Identifies and solves problems effectively.
- Demonstrates a service philosophy in all interactions with
patients, families, and all members of the health care team.
- Provides data for staffing decisions and demonstrates
flexibility in the resolution of staffing issues; demonstrates
flexibility when floating to other units upon requests.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of computers and
telecommunication modalities in documenting, tracking and conveying
information. Ability to navigate in a windows environment,
utilizing a mouse and the ability to learn electronic medical
record system application.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
If practicing in a specialty/extended role, fulfills the
expectations established for the particular role.SPECIALITY AREASIf
no qualified candidate, will be willing to train. Where indicated,
candidates in training are required to obtain appropriate
certification(s) within the designated timeframe for a particular
field of practice. Basic Qualifications: Experience 1 year recent
(within the last 3 years) experience in case management and in the
field of specialization such as asthma, cardiovascular risk
conditions [e.g., diabetes, pediatric diabetes, COPD, cholesterol,
heart failure, hypertension], care of the frail elderly, pain
management, chronic kidney disease/kidney failure, other chronic
conditions including Home Health/Hospice. Education
- High School Diploma/GED
- Graduate of an accredited registered nursing program and
completion of the current hours required by the BRN of RN student
clinical experience; OR Graduate of registered nursing program and
either: 1) 2000 hours of RN experience in clinical area of
specialty from a licensed acute care facility within three (3)
years of graduation; or 2) graduate of an accredited licensed
vocational nursing program that includes clinical student
experience in acute care and has worked 2000 hours as a licensed
vocational nurse within the clinical area of specialty within three
(3) years before graduation
- Certification in specialty or completion of equivalent course
work for the care of patients with chronic health conditions.
License, Certification, Registration
- Registered Nurse License (California)
- Basic Life Support Additional Requirements:
- Demonstrated knowledge of the RN scope of practice
- Demonstrated commitment to service orientation (members, staff,
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the
appropriate collective bargaining agreement. Preferred
Qualifications: PrimaryLocation : California,Sacramento,S.
Sacramento Medical Offices 1HoursPerWeek : 32Shift : DayWorkdays :
Wk1: Mon, Tue, Thu, Sat Wk2: Mon, Tue, Wed, ThuWorkingHoursStart :
08:30 AMWorkingHoursEnd : 05:00 PMJob Schedule : Part-timeJob Type
: StandardEmployee Status : RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation
: A10-NNU-California Nurse's AssociationJob Level : Individual
ContributorJob Category : Nursing Licensed & Nurse
PractitionersDepartment : So Sacramento Hospital North - Population
Mgmnt-Other Progs - 0206Travel : NoKaiser Permanente is an equal
opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive
workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental
status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status,
genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of
diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser, Rancho Cordova , Staff Nurse II - Case Management - Chronic Conditions - SNP Medicare, Executive , Rancho Cordova, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...