Human Resources Manager
Company: Pacific Coast Companies, Inc.
Location: Rancho Cordova
Posted on: January 6, 2022
Pacific Coast Companies, Inc. is a dedicated team of
professionals that provide a comprehensive range of business
services and support to the Pacific Coast Building Products family
of companies and their customers.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position leads the administration and
implementation of HR policies, programs, and practices throughout
Pacific Coast Companies Inc, (PCCI) and Pacific Coast
Transportation Services (PCTS). This position also provides HR
related services to the subsidiaries within the Pacific Coast
Building Products family of companies.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Works independently with guidance and
direction of the Director, HR Services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES may include some or all of
the following. Other duties may be assigned.PCCI and PCTS support
responsibilities include core HR and talent management
- Manages recruiting and talent acquisition processes including
identification of key candidate sources, administration of job
board postings, conduct pre-screening, and support through pre-hire
- Coordinate and conduct onboarding and exit interviews.
- Ensure compliance in wage and hour business practices and
assist in support of timekeeping and payroll processes; provides
assistance to employees with questions regarding payroll and
benefits or coordinate with other teams to resolve employee
- Provide coaching and direction for managers to navigate
employee relations and conflict management.
- Develop and maintain policy documents and employee handbooks
and partner with management to provide federal and state regulatory
guidance (e.g., FMLA, ADA, CFRA, etc.).
- Engage in the interactive process and determine a reasonable
accommodation as needed and is the point of contact for employees
going on leave. Track intermittent leave and ensure pay is correct
- Conducts internal investigations into claims of harassment,
discrimination, or other company or customer policy violations as
- Manages annual performance appraisal and goal setting processes
and communications as well as assisting management with resolution
of employee performance concerns.
- Develop and implement employee training and development
programs with the collaboration of the senior leadership of the
organization. Coordinate outside training from different vendors.
Assign and track training through SuccessFactors.
- Provide compensation analysis and evaluation including but not
limited to job analysis; prepares analyses and evaluation to ensure
equitable and competitive compensation programs.
- Own and drive specific area of HCM system management such as
employee and organizational data quality, reporting, and testing of
system changes and updates.
- Manage the process of H-1B visas and PERM process for PCCI and
subsidiaries by partnering with immigration law firm.
- Coordinate Cristo Rey work-study program and ensure students
are assigned appropriately to different departments and act as
point of contact for program administration.Subsidiary support
includes HR related services as needed.
- Oversee HR Administrators in the administration of high-volume
drug testing, random DOT drug testing, physical fitness testing,
and background checks to ensure timely results are reported to over
120 locations within 7 subsidiaries of the Pacific Coast Building
Products, inc and its family of companies.
- In the absence of HR Administrators, receive and report drug
testing, physical fitness testing, background and credit checks to
hiring managers and HR Business Partners as required.
- Acts as DOT consortium co-administrator; managing DOT drug and
alcohol testing programs, Clearinghouse, maintaining testing
records, and facilitate communication with locations on consortium
- Facilitate subsidiary HR Business Partner meeting to share
updates on regulations, policies, and best practices.
- Responsible for filing annual EEOC, California Pay Data, and
- Prepare and code drug testing, background check, and compliance
poster invoices and submit to Accounting for processing.
- Maintain compliance poster orders for multiple states and
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty as outlined above. The
requirements listed below are representative of the minimum
knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 7 + years of HR Manager experience in an increasingly
- (S)PHR Certification and degree in Human Resources or related
field preferred.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bi-lingual in Spanish highly desirable.
- Must be able to interpret laws, regulations, and policies and
communicate information in a manner appropriate for the
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works
to maintain constructive working relationships at all levels of the
- Ability to multi-task with excellent organizational
skills.Supervisory Responsibilities: Responsible for the full
supervision of HR Administrators.
We offer unlimited potential for motivated professionals, great
compensation, and full benefits including:
- Profit Sharing Retirement plan
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays & VacationWe are an equal opportunity employer
and is committed to providing and maintaining a drug free work
Pacific Coast Building Products, Inc. (PCBP) was started by Fred
Anderson, who opened the doors to Anderson Lumber Company in
Sacramento, California in 1953. Throughout the years, PCBP has
grown exponentially, but one thing has remained the same: we are
still a family-owned company with the same set of high standards
implemented by Fred all those years ago.
Our companies' 'house' logo was designed years ago with the sides
not touching. The slight separations signify that our companies are
never complete, but always evolving, open to new products,
innovations, and ideas.
Keywords: Pacific Coast Companies, Inc., Rancho Cordova , Human Resources Manager, Executive , Rancho Cordova, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!