Senior Network Engineer
Company: CommonSpirit Health IT Services
Location: Rancho Cordova
Posted on: November 19, 2021
OverviewCommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of
Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more
than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to
home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is
accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our
world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need
caring and our families need protection. With our combined
resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities
advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how
and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in
the community.JOB SUMMARY / PURPOSEThe Network Engineer job family
has responsibility for infrastructure/technical planning,
implementation and support activities for systems owned by the
CommonSpirit Health IT Operations Team. Specific responsibilities
include installing and supporting system hardware and software,
performing system upgrades, and evaluating and installing patches
and software updates.Responsibilities also include operational
support activities such as resolving software and hardware related
problems, managing backup and recovery activity, administering
technology layers, managing monitoring and alerting functions,
performing capacity planning and conducting version
management.Network Engineers work closely with architects,
infrastructure support, database administrators and application
support teams to ensure seamless and quality IT support for
CommonSpirit Health customers and alignment with CommonSpirit
Health's IT standards, controls and
governance.ResponsibilitiesEssential Key Job Responsibilities
- Provides evaluation, engineering/design and implementation
services for new products, technologies and solutions to address
corporate business requirements. Provides escalation support to
Tier 1 and 2 engineers.
- Demonstrates creativity and takes initiative in problem
solving. Resolves or facilitates resolution of complex problems for
- Has a thorough and comprehensive mastery of supported
platforms/products and environments.
- Focuses the majority of time on complex engineering,
architectural and implementation tasks.
- Project assignments are large in scope and are highly
- Provide exceptional customer service to CommonSpirit Health end
users, Business Stakeholders and other members of CommonSpirit
- Perform daily production support activities
- Participate in team on-call rotations.
- Perform patching and code deployments across all
- Lead projects associated to the enhancement, upgrade/patching,
or implementation of new or existing technology solutions.
- Coordinate implementation and support efforts between IT
Operations and other CommonSpirit Health IT teams.
- Conduct performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Provide oversight and facilitation of the CommonSpirit Health
IT change management process as it applies to the IT Operations
- Review, recommend and monitor the source code/versioning
management function adhering to technical management
- Provide technical leadership and ownership of issues across
multiple disciplines and technologies
- Design, implement and maintain a comprehensive monitoring and
alerting process across all IT Operations platforms
- With oversight from the System Engineering Lead and Operations
Manager(s), initiate and facilitate strategic planning activities
(capacity planning, process improvement, maintenance, upgrade and
end-of-life planning, roadmap development)
- Build new test and production environments on existing or new
hardware as required.
- Identify automation opportunities and implement scripted
- Identify technical innovation and process improvement
- Design and implement a comprehensive and ongoing release
management and planning program.
- Utilize standard tools and methodology to develop system and
support performance metrics.
- Demonstrate potential leadership qualities through team
motivation, coaching, and mentoring.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge & expertise with
CommonSpirit Health business processes and routines.
- Research and recommend appropriate System Administration best
practices, and tools.
- Perform crisis management during high-severity operational
incidents.Benefits Include: Benefits include Medical, Dental,
Vision, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Retirement Program, Disability
Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Adoption Assistance, Employee
Assistance Program (EAP), Discount Programs, Life Insurance Plans,
Worker Compensation, Dress for Your Day Policy, Voluntary
Benefits.Compensation Range: $38.81 to $62.10 hourly rates,
annualized.Position is eligible for incentive pay based on company
QualificationsRequired Education and Experience
- BA or BS in Computer Science, Technology, or Business
discipline or equivalent experience is required.
- 6-10 years of professional experience in an IT technical or
infrastructure field is required.
- 5-7 years of experience in large complex project oversight
- Established understanding of Infrastructure and relative
- Established understanding of network connectivity and
protocols.Required Licensure and Certifications
- CCNA or CCNP Certification PreferredRequired Minimum Knowledge,
Skills, Abilities and Training
- 7+ years of experience with Cisco Route Switch and Wireless
- Experience with datacenter and MDF/IDF closet construction
design (cabling, racks, power, cooling)
- Experience or understanding of Cisco Nexus platform
- 5-7 years of experience with vendor management
- Advanced experience with Cisco wireless, and strong
understanding of wireless design and coverage
- Understanding and experience with WAN Design
- Metro Optical Ethernet
- MultiPoint MOE
- Healthcare industry experience a plus
Keywords: CommonSpirit Health IT Services, Rancho Cordova , Senior Network Engineer, Engineering , Rancho Cordova, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!