Energy Efficiency Program Associate - Outreach, Education and Intake
Company: TRC Companies, Inc.
Location: Rancho Cordova
Posted on: June 24, 2022
TRC Advanced Energy (TRC) is a nationally known energy
efficiency consultancy. TRC collaborates with clients to develop
and implement market transforming programs and initiatives that
promote energy efficiency, renewable energy, and green building in
multiple market sectors across the US. These initiatives reduce
energy costs, improve the health and safety conditions of
buildings, while also helping the environment by reducing
greenhouse gas emissions. TRC acts nationally to address some of
our country's most challenging problems: global climate change and
TRC Advanced Energy (TRC) is seeking a program associate to support
outreach, education, and intake for multiple clean energy programs
in California. The ideal candidate is outgoing, personable, and
excited to support successful program outreach initiatives with
superb communication skills. We are seeking team members who are
passionate about engaging with the building industry and have the
desire to build and maintain solid relationships with developers,
contractors, trade allies and local community organizations focused
on improving the built environment.
This position requires the ability to communicate effectively and
coordinate with internal technical team members and external
customers. A basic understanding of energy efficiency and
electrification principles and is desirable. Previous outreach and
intake program experience with energy efficiency, electrification,
building performance principles and best practices, Title 24 codes
and standards, design-build or construction management and/or data
visualization and the ability to translate technical information to
the market is highly desirable. Candidate must be detail-oriented,
have strong communication and customer service skills, and the
capacity to handle multiple projects. This position is located in
one of TRC's California offices: Oakland, Rancho Cordova
(Sacramento area), San Francisco, Encinitas, San Diego, Irvine (Los
Angeles area). Remote working is currently in effect.
JOB DUTIES: Responsibilities include but are not limited to the
- Conducting outreach activities for multiple regional and
statewide clean energy and energy efficiency programs.
- Conducting direct outreach to various stakeholders including
developers, contractors, design professionals, etc.
- Providing customer service through lead nurturing and program
enrollment and create templates/scripts to support these
- Maintaining up-to-date and accurate records to ensure program
and contract compliance.
- Maintaining technical proficiency when consulting with
prospective customers regarding participation.
- Reviewing program participation documentation for accuracy,
completeness, and compliance.
- Communicating frequently with program participants regarding
application and completion document requirements.
- Keeping informed of program changes, incentive status, and
other information for customers.
- Communicate program implementation status to internal and
external team members.
- Work independently as well as collaborate with multiple team
- Bachelor's degree in related field and a minimum of two years
outreach/customer service experience.
- Interpersonal skills:
- Strong customer service skills that include highly effective
communication in-person, over email, and over the phone.
- Self-driven and a team player with analytical, problem-solving,
and decision-making capabilities.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with
program participants and market partners.
- Experience and comfort with public speaking and direct
- Organizational skills:
- Excellent time management skills including the ability to
monitor and manage progress while seeking additional opportunities
within new or repeat customers.
- Experience utilizing a Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
system or a similar system to effectively track
pipeline/outreach/business development activities.
- Proficiency with computer and mobile technology devices.
- Demonstrated experience with field-based activities (e.g.,
industry marketing and education events) and ability to effectively
- Proficient to advanced knowledge of MS Office tools i.e.,
Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Eligible to work in the United States. Ability to travel within
- Low-income/disadvantaged community, EV charging, energy
storage, and/or demand response deployment experience is a
- Certification or membership related to the building or energy
industry is a plus.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please email a resume, cover letter, a writing
sample, and three professional references to Alex Zambrano
TRC is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran. We
celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive
environment for all employees.
Keywords: TRC Companies, Inc., Rancho Cordova , Energy Efficiency Program Associate - Outreach, Education and Intake, Education / Teaching , Rancho Cordova, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!