Company: Stanford Hotels Corporation
Location: Rancho Cordova
Posted on: May 24, 2023
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will
find the contact information to request the appropriate
accommodation by visiting the following page:The Sacramento
Marriott located in Rancho Cordova is seeking an experienced
General Manager to join their team!The General Manager is
responsible for the operation of the entire hotel including revenue
generation profitability, guest service, quality and overall
cleanliness and maintenance of the property. Operation of the hotel
will include but is not limited to leading the Executive and
management team effectively, coordinating the operation of each
individual's department and special projects, and assisting in
identifying problems and solutions. The GM must guide the Executive
and management team in dealing with the hotel's problems and
opportunities in order to best serve the financial interests of the
property. Through leadership and mentoring the GM works to
establish a friendly, courteous, and service-oriented approach to
guests that is exhibited by all hotel employees. The GM must
provide solid employee relations for the entire hotel and must be
involved in sales & revenue management to help with strategy and
identify need periods while supporting the team to accomplish top
line goals.JOB DUTIES:
- Lead the Executive and Management team effectively
- Plans, develops and implements hotel policies and goals.
- Coordinate the operation of each individual's department and
special projects, and assist in identifying problems and
- Lead monthly call with Corporate Staff
- Monthly forecasting of operating staff and cost
- Monthly P&L review to keep cost and expenses in line
- Business planning in line with forecasted sales and costs
including guidance to department heads
- Establish and implement guest service standards for all
departments, periodically review, identify problems and corrective
- Periodically inspect guest rooms, public areas, back of house,
banquet function set-ups to make certain operation is consistent
- Coordinates activities of departments such as rooms, food,
beverage, engineering, sales, and administrative to create
operational efficiency and economy.
- Directs and coordinates promotion of products and services to
develop new markets, increase share of market, and obtain a
competitive position in the industry.
- Involvement in sales & revenue management to help with strategy
and identify need periods and supporting team to accomplish top
- Directs preparation of directives to departments outlining
policy, program, or operations changes to be implemented.
- Direct maintenance of the asset and report any building or
product issues to Corporate Office
- Ensuring that the hotel is strategically aligned within the
local hospitality industry and the community through active support
and participation in various organizations and events.
- Achieving the hotel's service, revenue, and financial
performance goals that are products of strategic and visionary
planning, development and execution. This includes:
- Providing a core, foundational and dynamic guest and team
member relation platforms that culminates in the highest levels of
satisfaction and loyalty.
- Business and operational forecasting and planning that
incorporates broad-based strategies and metrics that fulfill
financial performance goals.
- Leading and directing the efforts of an Executive Team that
includes Rooms, F&B, Housekeeping, Sales & Marketing, Revenue
Management, Finance, Engineering and Human Resources. This
- Providing clear, concise and timely guidance, direction and
accountability expectations to each individual Executive Team
- Providing a platform for inclusion, collaboration and
coordination from and between each Executive Team member.
- Ensuring that the highest level of compliance with Ownership
and Franchise Brand Standards are adhered to and met. This
- Fulfilling and improving upon the Stanford Hotel's ethics and
compliance standards through the established Internal Audit
- 7+ years of experience as a General Manager in a 300+ room full
- 7+ years as a GM with Major Brand Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality Management or related area of
- Previous background, experience and commitment to lead within a
diverse, vibrant and engaged team member environment is
- Experience with local governments in negotiations and
development of presentations.
- Ability to understand Guests' service needs.
- Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration and
complete all work assigned.
- Ability to focus attention to performance of tasks despite
frequent, stressful or unusual interruptions.
- Ability to converse calmly with irate Guests', co-workers or
supervisors in sometimes tense situations.
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to take and give direction.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers and other
departments as part of a team. Ability to build morale and
- Ability to interact with people beyond giving and receiving
instructions, particularly in resolving complaints and
- Ability to adhere to work schedule and arrive on time in a neat
and alert condition and adhere to company dress standards.
- Ability to negotiate, prospect, plan, prioritize, and
- Ability to read and understand financial statements, forecast
business, prepare annual budget and marketing plan.
- Requirement to relocate as a full time resident to the area
within 90 days of hire.BENEFITS:
- Vision (VSP) and Life (The Hartford)
- Voluntary Benefits including Accident, Critical Illness,
Hospital Indemnity, Supplemental Life (The Hartford)
- 401K Retirement Benefits with 4% match and immediate 100%
- Vacation and Sick Pay
- Room Discounts with any Marriott Brand Hotel (31 different
- Additional Room Discounts for select hotels within portfolioThe
Sacramento Marriott located in Rancho Cordova is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. If you need
accommodation for any part of the application process because of a
medical condition or disability, please call 415-266-9821 or send
an email to Rebecca Dawes at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us
know the nature of your request.QualificationsExperienceRequired7
years: Experience as a GM in a 300+ room full service hotel Equal
Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Stanford Hotels Corporation, Rancho Cordova , General Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Rancho Cordova, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...