Sr. Manager of Regulatory Accounting and Reporting
Company: VSP Vision Care
Location: Rancho Cordova
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Do you have a robust regulatory accounting background combined
with superior analytical skills? Are you a punctual leader with a
demonstrated ability to build a team and influence decisions? VSP
Vision Care is VSP Global's not-for-profit vision benefits and
services company serving nearly 90 million members worldwide, and
we're looking for a Senior Manager of Regulatory Accounting and
Reporting to join our remote team.
In this role, you'll own and spearhead all financial reporting in
accordance with Statutory Accounting Principles across Vision
Care's regulated entities. You'll also oversee rating filing
compliance, prepare narratives to support Management Discussion and
Analysis, and monitor controls to ensure compliance with NAIC's
Model Audit Rule. We're looking for a strong multitasker with a
strong desire to learn and understand end-to-end processes. If
you're a highly engaged leader interested in a position critical to
the success of VSP by ensuring financial compliance and accurate
reporting, apply today!
As our Senior Manager of Regulatory Accounting & Reporting, you'll
- Oversee the preparation and review of regulatory financial
statements filed with states' insurance departments and the
- Act as a key point of contact for insurance regulators and
ensure timely, accurate accounting and analysis results
- Direct activities and a point of contact for insurance
department examinations and external annual audits.
- Prepare risk assessment and analysis for annual risk and
solvency assessment required by state insurance departments.
- Develop and prepare premium deficiency analysis to determine
the impact on financial results and rate determination.
- Oversee activities required to meet state regulatory compliance
in rate filings, unclaimed property, fee, and guaranty
- Monitor and implement internal controls and new accounting
guidance to ensure proper compliance and protection of the
- Collaborate with Legal and International divisions to assure
international arrangements meet domestic requirements to assume the
risk from operations.
- Minimum of eight years of management experience
- A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related
- Experience with financial reporting within the insurance
- In-depth knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
(GAAP), Statutory Accounting Principles (SAP), and the NAIC's Model
Audit Rule (MAR)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Why VSP Global? At VSP, we activate the full power of care by
consciously reinvesting in greater vision, health, and
opportunities for all. You'll join a team of thinkers, doers,
adventurers, risk-takers, and boundary-pushers who think outside
the peripheral to develop products, programs, and services that
help people see every possibility. By investing in your career
growth and personal development, we hope that together we can
create a world where everyone can bring their best vision to
Keywords: VSP Vision Care, Rancho Cordova , Sr. Manager of Regulatory Accounting and Reporting, Accounting, Auditing , Rancho Cordova, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!